Planning branch engages in
1. Issuance of street line certificates
2. Approval of block plans
3. Issuance of clearance certificates prior to a development
4. Approval of building applications
5. Issuance of conformity certificates
6. Take legal actions against unauthorized constructions
Planning branch is located in right of 2nd floor.
Mr. S Ranjith- 071- 4948806
Telephone- 011 2738703
Planning Engineer has the authority to issue street lines, building line, and f block plans, take actions against unauthorized constructions. Planning engineer engages in providing instructions and issuing of letters and documents to solve the disputes regarding buildings, block plans, unauthorized lands and conformity certificates.
Four technical officers are assigned to obtain the technical officer’s report on buildings, block plans and unauthorized constructions. For that it has divided in to four divisions as Dehiwala, Mt. Lavinia, Kalubowila and Ratmalana.
There are two draftsmen. Draftsmen are engaging in marking street lines, building lines and other documentation tasks
There are 5 management Assistants working there including the chief management assistant. They engage in providing guidelines and instructions to solve the matters raised by public and issuance of receipts for payments such as inspection fee, conformity certificates etc.
Staff comprises 8 technical officers, 2 draftsmen and 5 Management Assistant. Planning Engineer is the Head of the Department
Duties and responsibilities includes providing of approval for buildings and block plans, issuance of street line certificates, conformity certificates, act for unauthorized constructions, extension of period for buildings etc.
Building applications and block plan applications can be obtained from our department after making relevant payments
Management Assistant shall open a file for the applications accepted by the draftsman
After getting the reports from draftsmen and TO s , the file will be submitted to the planning committee of the Municipal Council and Management Assistants may work on documentation activities
The chief of issuing street line, building line certificate is Mr. Dinesh Kumar, the planning Engineer and Management Assistants and draftsmen may assist him
1. Issuance of street line certificate is a major service rendered by our department and after paying Rs. 284.60, application can be obtained
2. Block plans and building applications can be obtained after paying Rs.236.60 and Rs. 354 respectively. After submitting the application , after paying based on the floor basis, after obtaining the TO’s , draftsmen’s reports , the file will be forwarded to the planning committee and in there, it will be decided on granting of approval or dismissal of the application
3. To obtain the conformity certificate, an application should be submitted and after the TO’s report, approval shall be granted after referring to the planning committee
4. A letter should be submitted for the extension of time period. Should pay extension fee
5. A letter should be produced to inform regarding unauthorized constructions and after obtaining the TO report, the actions to be taken shall be decided by referring to the planning committee or , through discussion or legally
6. Clearance certificate obtained prior to a development can be obtained after paying Rs. 339.66. Through this, you can get instructions and data to draft the plans
Planning Engineer- 0112 738703
The municipality containing 29 wards has been divided in to 4 divisions as Mt. Lavinia, Ratmalana, Kalubowila, Dehiwala to ease the administrative task. For that, four Management Assistants and eight TO s are assigned.
These officers are engaging in issuance of conformity certificates, approving building /block plans, extension of period and working on unauthorized constructions after the field visit.
Planning Engineer (Mr. Dinesh Kumar)
011 2 738702/3
011 2 738701/314
We receive complaints on unauthorized constructions in all four divisions and TO of relevant area shall conduct a field inspection. After getting the TO s field inspection, steps will be taken to remove the construction or take legal actions. A letter should be produced to inform regarding unauthorized constructions